Fall, or you may call it autumn, is a favorite season for many of us. It is definitely my favorite season, followed closely by spring. There are a few things I'd like to ask my blog friends about this wonderful season we've been enjoying for a few weeks in order to get to know you better. Here is a short list of questions and I'll answer them myself and hope you will, too!
1. What is your favorite fall color?
2. Besides the usual pumpkins and mums, what favorite fall things do you use every year in your fall decor?
I have a barrel head I painted years ago that I bring out of
storage and hang on the wall. Also, I have some fall pieces I bought
at Hobby Lobby that I use in my fall decor every year. I also use some faux fall leaves and berries in various arrangements.
3. In a little over 2 weeks, most of the US will turn back their clocks one hour. If you could, would you leave it as it is or will you be glad to turn back time?
I really wish they would leave it one way or the other. But I admit daylight savings has its advantages.
4. What is your favorite fall or cool weather food to fix that you don't usually cook in the summer?
5. Do you have a favorite scent that makes you think of fall or maybe a favorite candle you like to burn during fall?
I think fall has a special scent all it's own. But the scent of pumpkin pie is really nice, too!
6. If you participated in Halloween as a child, what was your favorite costume?
I'll have to pass on this one, I only got to go trick or treating one time and only wore one of those dime store masks. Growing up on a farm way back when, we didn't get an opportunity for trick or treating. But we had a lot of fun in other ways. I belonged to a 4-H Club and we would have hay rides and weiner roasts in the fall, so we still had fun!
7. What do you love most about the fall season?
I love the color of the trees as they are changing, the smells, and the cooler weather after a long, hot summer.
We've had beautiful weather so far this fall in my area. It has cooled off quite a bit. In fact, I turned on the furnace yesterday. The leaves are falling and I know winter isn't far off. Wait! That makes me think of a favorite song! The autumn leaves, drift by my window.....
Until next time...