Friday, August 13, 2010

Star gazing

Yesterday, daughter and I made a trip to Columbia for some supplies needed where she works and before we came home we just had to make a stop at one of our favorite places.  You may have seen a previous post about this place.   I love the decor, the music (oldies), and the food.  It's called The 63 Diner.


I had the Pasta Primavera and my daughter had the Chicken-fried Chicken Breast.  Both were yummy and I had to bring over half of mine home as it was such a large plate!  I wish I'd gotten my camera out of my purse as it looked as good as it tasted, but I was too hungry...so I just dug right on in! 

Did you see any of the meteor shower, called the Perseids, last night?  It's supposed to be a pretty good show, I went out late and enjoyed some cooler temps and watched for a while and but didn't see anything but a jet flying over.  Oh, and a lot of beautiful, twinkling stars!   Star gazing is never a waste of time.

I snapped this pic of the sunset on the way home yesterday.  Too bad the landscape shows up much darker than it really was.


If you look close, you might see a planet shining brightly in the sky...Saturn, Mars and Venus are supposed to form a planetary triangle in the western skies just after sunset.  The meteor show is supposed to last through the weekend, so maybe I'll catch it yet. 

Until next time...

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunset shot! Looks like you are enjoying your short work week. We haven't tried Diner 63 but we will! We are slowly working our way through Columbia's eats places. It has to cool off though so I can get back to walking so I can walk off those calories! We are going to try and see the show in the sky but I don't know if we will get lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU for leaving a comment on my blog.....so I could visit YOU!! I also LOVE to find other MO bloggers! There don't seem to be as many of us as those in other states....but I hope our numbers will grow! I LOVE your blog....and your local shares. The barns are wonderful! We live in the Independence area. . . so we don't see as many of the old barns as you do in the farming areas near Columbia,however, I have always been drawn to them when we get to drive out "in the country".

    Of course you can post the photo you mentioned. . . I look forward to seeing what you do with it!

    I looked up in the sky last night, but it was probably too early to see any part of the meteor shower.....plus, we're surrounded by street lights...not a plus when you're trying to spot lights in the sky!!

    Hope we get the cool weather they're predicting soon....my poor plants are in sad shape.....and I think the heat is making us pretty cranky!

    Have a great weekend!! Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally in love with this sunset shot! I'm off to the beach this weekend, and hope to do some snapping of the sunRISE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was up at 2 a.m. and tried to see some of the meteor showers. I didn't see a thing. Not one.

    That's a cool place to eat! Must make you feel as if you're on the "Happy Days" set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love old themed diner like that, boo. Also love Tea Rooms. My sunset pictures never catch the true beauty but I still take them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sunset. We took a quilt to the orchard and laid down and watched the skies. We saw some meteor shower but I'm sure if we could have lasted later into the night, we would have seen more. It was a gorgeous night! And the skies! How it twinkled!

    I love 63 Diner too. Will have to remember that next time we head to Columbia. I always forget about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo...I see it..the planet! Hey Girl, I just wanted to thank ya for poppin' in with your sweet comment and hoppin' on my blog. I sure hope ya'll enjoy the ride.

    God bless and in the words of that silly old Granny Clampett, "ya'll have a wonderfully blessed day now, ya hear!!!" :o)

    Have a fantastic weekend sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I've been to the Diner a couple of times & remember that the food was delicious. Beautiful sunset! I love rural Missouri!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the sunset photo - I magnified the picture and really, the star did look almost like it has a tail! Maybe it was part of the meteor shower!

    I love to look at the night sky, especially at this time of year - it just looks brighter, and the stars look shinier! Hope you get some cooler weather - have a wonderful week-end!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems like all of the blogs I follow are bringing back memories to me. We had a favorite place to eat that was exactly like a cafe was in the 50's. My parents owned a hamburger place called Chesty's shack and they really did have the best cheeseburgers in town. They had the first drive up window in our small town.
    I think maybe tonight I might take a moment to enjoy the stars if we can see them.

    If you get a moment check out my blog. I posted a movie clip of my 8 year old blind granddaughter playing the piano by ear. I explained how she became blind and what a miracle baby she is.
    Blessings to you! LeAnn

    ReplyDelete