March...spring is coming in two weeks and a birthday is coming this month, too. Yours truly will be turning the big 6-5 this month. I really can't believe I'm that old until I start doing some things I've been too lazy to do this winter, then my ole achy joints tell me I am. Anyway, to celebrate my upcoming birthday I will share with you 65 things you may not know about me. So here are those 65 utterly non-earthshaking as you can possibly get, and in no particular order, things:
1. I hate spiders.
2. I like to play the piano, when I have one.
3. My favorite season is Autumn.
4. I hate licorice.
5. I have a daughter and a son.
6. One ankle is bigger than the other due to 3 breaks in the joint after falling on ice many years ago.
7. I never was a Girl Scout but was in a 4-H Club.
8. I drove 4000 miles on a 2 week vacation a few years ago.
9. I walked with a cane for a long time. (See #6 above)
10. I'm a Christian.
11. My kitchen is always clean.
12. I love card games and many board games.
13. I rarely watch TV.
14. I've lived in Missouri my whole life.
15. I've been married nearly 40 years.
16. I don't own a dress, but will wear skirts.
17. I loved growing up on a farm.
18. I've never had a speeding ticket in my life.
19. I've had 3 warnings about speeding.
20. My favorite soda is Pepsi.
21. I hate dirty anything.
22. I love chocolate anything.
23. I was a middle child, between two brothers.
24. I sleep on my right side.
25. My favorite breakfast on the weekend is bacon, eggs and toast.
26. I love music.
27. I love fried country ham sandwiches with a slice of tomato.
28. I love to read.
29. I used to have a square grand piano.
30. I love green beans right out of the garden.
31. I wore contacts nearly 40 years.
32. My eyes are green with some brown around the pupil rimmed with blue.
33. I love Chinese food.
34. I don't like humid weather.
35. I hate icy roads.
36. I have Meniere's.
37. I've taught Sunday school classes for children.
38. I love going to flea markets and garage sales.
39. I attended a one room country school my first 6 years.
40. I like to go fishing.
41. I love to sit on my patio in the summer evenings.
42. I've had several German Shepherd's for pets.
43. My only pet now is a cat named Stormy.
44. I love grilled steaks, beef or pork.
45. I've been friends with V. for 50 years.
46. I love flowers.
47. I love to laugh.
48. I never liked camping.
49. I went to college for two years.
50. I was bitten by a snake twice while swimming in a pond when I was teenager.
51. Our house burned down when I was 9 years old.
52. I'm scared of heights.
53. Branson is one of my favorite vacations spots in MO.
54. I was stung by a jellyfish in the Atlantic.
55. I wanted to be a ballerina when I was a little girl.
56. I was very shy when younger.
57. I've worked part-time in a flower shop.
58. I used to paint with acrylics.
59. I didn't cook until I got married.
60. The one job I hated growing up was washing dishes.
61. I love my dishwasher.
62. I could use more patience.
63. I love quilts.
64. My favorite decorating style is probably cottage style.
65. I like a little mystery, so I don't tell about everything I do, everywhere I go, or talk about everyone I know.
Until next time...