Monday, March 7, 2011

Marching along...

March...spring is coming in two weeks and a birthday is coming this month, too.  Yours truly will be turning the big 6-5 this month.  I really can't believe I'm that old until I start doing some things I've been too lazy to do this winter, then my ole achy joints tell me I am.  Anyway, to celebrate my upcoming birthday I will share with you 65 things you may not know about me.  So here are those 65 utterly non-earthshaking as you can possibly get, and in no particular order, things: 

  1.  I hate spiders.
  2.  I like to play the piano, when I have one.
  3.  My favorite season is Autumn.
  4.  I hate licorice.
  5.  I have a daughter and a son. 
  6.  One ankle is bigger than the other due to 3 breaks in the joint after falling on ice many years ago.
  7.  I never was a Girl Scout but was in a 4-H Club.
  8.  I drove 4000 miles on a 2 week vacation a few years ago.
  9.  I walked with a cane for a long time.  (See #6 above)
10.  I'm a Christian.
11.  My kitchen is always clean.
12.  I love card games and many board games.
13.  I rarely watch TV.
14.  I've lived in Missouri my whole life.
15.  I've been married nearly 40 years.
16.  I don't own a dress, but will wear skirts.
17.  I loved growing up on a farm.
18.  I've never had a speeding ticket in my life.
19.  I've had 3 warnings about speeding.
20.  My favorite soda is Pepsi.
21.  I hate dirty anything.
22.  I love chocolate anything.
23.  I was a middle child, between two brothers.
24.  I sleep on my right side.
25.  My favorite breakfast on the weekend is bacon, eggs and toast.
26.  I love music.
27.  I love fried country ham sandwiches with a slice of tomato.
28.  I love to read.
29.  I used to have a square grand piano.
30.  I love green beans right out of the garden.
31.  I wore contacts nearly 40 years.
32.  My eyes are green with some brown around the pupil rimmed with blue.
33.  I love Chinese food.
34.  I don't like humid weather.
35.  I hate icy roads.
36.  I have Meniere's.
37.  I've taught Sunday school classes for children.
38.  I love going to flea markets and garage sales.
39.  I attended a one room country school my first 6 years.
40.  I like to go fishing.
41.  I love to sit on my patio in the summer evenings.
42.  I've had several German Shepherd's for pets.
43.  My only pet now is a cat named Stormy.
44.  I love grilled steaks, beef or pork.
45.  I've been friends with V. for 50 years.
46.  I love flowers.
47.  I love to laugh.
48.  I never liked camping.
49.  I went to college for two years.
50.  I was bitten by a snake twice while swimming in a pond when I was teenager.
51.  Our house burned down when I was 9 years old.
52.  I'm scared of heights.
53.  Branson is one of my favorite vacations spots in MO.
54.  I was stung by a jellyfish in the Atlantic.
55.  I wanted to be a ballerina when I was a little girl.
56.  I was very shy when younger.
57.  I've worked part-time in a flower shop.
58.  I used to paint with acrylics.
59.  I didn't cook until I got married.
60.  The one job I hated growing up was washing dishes.
61.  I love my dishwasher.
62.  I could use more patience.
63.  I love quilts.
64.  My favorite decorating style is probably cottage style. 
65.  I like a little mystery, so I don't tell about everything I do, everywhere I go, or talk about everyone I know. 

Until next time...

19 comments:

  1. Cheryl OhMyGosh I love this on this Monday morning before the sun is up! It is making me smile from ear to ear. I think your list is very interesting and more fun to read than you will ever know. Some numbers in your list fit me too. I have sorta gotten to really really like the Farmer's Daughter and so I would like to wish her, you Cheryl, the mostest happiest bestest 6-5 birthday from the bottom of my heart! I hope you do all things that make you happy on that day. Oh and you like Chinese food. If you haven't already you need to try the Mandarin House in CoMo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful 65th bday! We have a lot of the same likes and dislikes. I really enjoyed reading your list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to 65 and Medicare. Trust me, you are still a puppy. There are a bunch of us out here that wouldn't mind being 65 again.
    Loved your list and smiled or nodded in agreement with a lot of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a great list! I feel as if I've learned a lot more about you even if you don't tell all. John's sister has Meinere's. Not much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked learning more about you...65 huh..I am 61 as of this month. I feel like I must be starting into that last quarter of life and am wondering what it will hold...have a great quarter ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea for a special birthday. I always love reading these lists. The older we get, the more we can add to our lists thus making us more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cheryl~

    I loved your list! I love learning more about people that I really like... ;0) You are an amazing lady!

    March is a great month for birthday, we have one on the 1st, the 15th, 16th, 17th, 22nd, and 30th! Hope yours is grand!

    We have so much in common, I can see at least 22 of the things on your list, that would have to be included on mine!! The biggie is spiders, I hate them!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rambler...Hi! and Thank You! I haven't been to Mandarin House, will have to check it out. Went to Teppanyaki for the first time recently and liked it.

    MO Gal...Thanks, glad you liked it. I could have gone on and on once I got started, but I didn't want to bore everyone!

    AR Patti...just wish I had the energy of a young puppy! :D

    Vee...thankfully the Meniere's doesn't bother me as much as it used to. Or I'm just used to it.

    Julie...the last quarter is going to be the best quarter. Right?

    Happy&Home...I could have added a lot more, it was hard to stop at 65!

    Barb...wow, a lot of March b'days in your family! My dad was born in March, my brother-in-law's b'day is 2 days after mine. I have a distant cousin born on the same day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was very interesting! Maybe I'll do that for my birthday in June. (I'm always worried that my readers won't be interested....)

    Anyway - loved learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved your list! I found out we have lots more in common than being a farmers daughter. Hope your 6-5 is wonderful and I wish you many more.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheryl....OMG you are gonna love me!
    Ever since we have become friends, I thought that your were about 35, maybe 40!!!Way too funny!

    I see that you and I have several things in common...for one thing, I love, love, love quilts....just don't know how to make them. Can I just say that I love my new friends...Happy Happy Early Birthday wishes!
    Shug

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dianna...thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope you'll do a list, too. It was a lot of fun!

    Carolyn...thanks for the b'day wishes!

    Shug...I would hug you if I could for the 35-40 thinking! I wish!! My family and others tell me that I don't look my age, but I don't think they are looking closely enough...:D Thanks for the b'day wishes and I love my new friends, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. If I can't get back in time...........Happy Birthday...God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you a very Happy 65th birthday. I too turned 65 in November. My husband just turned 65 in January. I didn't think a lot about it until I received my medicare card.
    We have a lot in common. I have two brothers and then me. I broke my ankle and have the same problems.
    It was fun to learn more about you. I really enjoy following your blog.
    I also, have a daughter that lives in Missouri; we hope to visit her this year.
    Blessings to you! LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cheryl,
    I just commented on Dorothy's blog and noticed your comment. I decided to vist your blog and it's really great.
    How intersting to read the 65 things about you. I sure hope you have a Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ms Bon...thank you!

    LeAnn...Oh, I hope your ankle break wasn't as bad as mine. Ah, Medicare! I bet you've been bombarded with all kinds of junk mail, too.

    Brenda...thanks for stopping by. Glad you enjoyed your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy almost 65 Cheryl!

    Branson is probably my most favorite vacation spot in Missouri too. I don't go so much for the shows, but for the scenery and SDC. I never tire of the atmosphere in that place.

    Fun and interesting facts about yourself. Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday to you this month, Farmer's Daughter Cheryl!! :) Our son's b-day is on the very last day of the month. I thoroughly enjoyed your list, and I share many of those items with you (i.e., play the piano, and I hate spiders - cringing at the thought right now as I had a bad spider experience last week!). Best b-day wishes to you!! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I enjoyed these...I had to laugh about you hating washing dishes when you grew up...that was my job every night and hate it I did. I don't love it now, but sure don't hate it. I have a dishwasher, but seldom use it. I didn't cook till after we got married. Oh, I could fry bacon and eggs but really and truly not much more. I am 59 and went to a 4 room school for grades 1-8. It had two grades in one room. My best friends are still the girls from my class in that school.

    ReplyDelete