Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thursday's three time thieves...

Here they are...the culprits.  It's all their fault that I'm not getting
all the work done that I had planned to do.  
They are so interesting and have such fabulous photos and ideas! 
And then I had to go by the Upscale/Resale shop while in Columbia on an errand.

And picked up these gardening/flower magazines and quite a few Southern Living. 
They entice me to start daydreaming about the beautiful flower gardens that I just
know we will have this year.  Uh, did I just hear Hubby grab his suitcase 
and leave in his pickup?  Hey, you come back!  I'll need the pickup to haul the shrubs in! 

How is one supposed to work with all these temptations around?  What?  Did I
hear someone say "Hide them"?  Great idea, but that's what I've been doing.
Trying to weed out all the stuff I don't love, need or use.
To make more room for things like excess magazines that 
I have a hard time throwing away and books that need bookcases. 
I guess in the meantime, I'll just shove them under the bed.
Oh wait!  It's already crowded under there, too!

I've also been busy in the kitchen rearranging dishes and putting away my sets of
winter dishes and getting out the spring/summer ones.  I bought a few plates 
of a Cindy Crawford pattern last spring on impulse.  I've decided that I don't
really love them, so I'm glad I only bought plates and not the whole set.  Do you
have impulse buys that you regret?  I think the main complaint I have about
the plates is that they don't stack well and take up too much room.  Each 
plate seems to be a different size.  

Okay, back to reading work.  I'll be away from blogland for a few days again.
Hope to see you next week.  Have a great weekend!

Until next time...


15 comments:

  1. Happens to me all the time, too. Today, it was reading a good book, but I'm sure that I could've gotten lost in those magazines just as easily as you did. Have a good time away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, you are a woman after my own heart...I have some of these magazines and I'm always looking (and buying) the newest ones. I could spend a whole afternoon flipping through magazines and getting lots of ideas for my gardens and home. Hope you're enjoying the sunshine.

    Have a great evening.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a magazine junkie and those all look great. Gardening magazines are taking all my time now.
    As for impulse regrets, I have a few.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impulse buys I regret...yes, I have a few. I wore one of them to work today!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheryl, I bought a huge basket at the Native Stone winery a number of years ago. I stick all my favorite magazines in it. Now I'm sticking them up in my loft in neat stacks. But you showed me some I wasn't aware of! Thanks!!! :) Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like ya found the 'good stuff' to surround yourself for your 'work' (readin') break girl!!!

    I can get lost in 'em for hours!

    My last impulse that sooo didn't work was a pillow for our family room. What was I thinkin'???

    Have a great weekend sweetie filled with warm fuzzy blessings!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have bought a couple of antiques on impulse - and then not known what to do with them..... Not often, but it does happen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I have had an impulse buy or two that I regreted but not many. I usually love what I buy and keep it forever! I enjoy country living magazines especially sitting on the porch with the sunshine shining in! Enjoy your time away Cheryl and be glad to see you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cheryl, What????? I just get home and now you take a blog break... Darn!!!!! ha ha ....

    We had a fabulous time in GA and saw some wonderful waterfalls (after lots of rain). OR--maybe I should say DURING lots of rain... ha ha

    Enjoy your READING and whatever you do during your break.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your visit. I love to do this too..with some of the same ones too! Come say hi any time :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Cheryl...
    You are too funny, but actually a whole lot like me. Oh my goodness..I love magazines, especially home & garden and all the decorating mags...Oh, and I can't forget about TASTE OF HOME..
    Hey, it's Spring Break here, so I'll give you permission to sit back and READ..
    Hugs,
    Shug

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha!!! I love your culprits!!! I have that trouble too! You've got a great sense of humor too!!! Hope to stop by again sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha ha! I hope hubby didn't get away with the pick-up. It will definitely come in handy with gardening season approaching.
    Oh can I ever relate to this post. Very familiar with spending too much time on inspiring magazines, can no longer hide anything under any bed in this house and I've even made a few of those impulsive buys. Glad to know I'm not alone out here :).
    Enjoy your time away.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That post brought a smile on my face. I am much like you in the collection of magazines that I try to read. I love the articles on gardening and the pictures that I know won't happen in my yard this year. We are planning a garden this year; last year it didn't happen. I too have had impulsive buys that I don't really need. I am working on trying not to do that.
    Blessings to you! LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, how I can relate to this post :) Wonderful choices in your magazines, I must say. I will at least invest in that Flea Market Style. Perhaps I should find out where you buy the used magazines in Columbia... sounds great to me! Happy Spring!! Isn't it grand? -Tammy

    ReplyDelete