Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Goodbye to October...and Happy Halloween


  Hello, all!  Are you finding it hard to say goodbye to October?  I am.   I still have a ton of things to do here, but I've found some time to play around with one of my photos from a couple of years ago.  I posted a similar photo of the old house above in a post titled "Strange Happenings."  That post (for those of you who may not have seen it) is about some strange happenings that occurred in this house during the past few years.  If interested, you can read about it here.

Since it is Halloween, I thought it might be a good time to share a few more strange happeningsBut, this time, where my daughter works.  As for here at home, the only strange happenings to report are a sensation of someone sitting down at the foot of the bed when I go to bed.  My daughter says she's felt the same sensation in her room on her bed.

My daughter is the director of an early learning facility that takes in children from 6 weeks to age 12.  The facility has been added onto a few times, but it is all on one level.  Many, if not most, of the strange things that have occurred are during the month of October.

  In Oct. 2009, the intercom came on in her office when she was working by herself one weekend and it sounded like a whisper.  Looking for the source, she walked into the room where another intercom was and the light that shows it is being used was lit up green.  It only lights up when it is being pushed.  No one was pushing it.  Being a little spooked, she unplugged the intercom and went back to her office to gather her things to leaveThere, she found in an alcove, a light was on that had never been on before.  Ever.  She never turns that particular light on.

This October, several strange things have happened.  The cook was in the kitchen and heard a male voice say hello.  She turned around and no one was there.  Another time, my daughter turned out the lights at the end of the day in her section of the building.  Teachers were straightening up and preparing to leave in another section.  After the lights were all turned out and they left and got to their cars, they noticed the lights came back on where they had been.  They went back inside and turned out the lights and looked in the infant room and saw that a rocking swing was rocking at high speed.
Another day, the assistant director felt a presence and saw a male figure standing in her peripheral vision.  This male figure was also observed walking by a door with a glass window.  These sightings haven't yielded a real live male person, only a brief glimpse of what appears to be someone.         

 There are others, but in order to not write a book, I'll just share one more and one of the weirdest.  Just last week, my daughter and her assistant were talking at lunch about the strange happenings there at work and my daughter shared some of the things we've had happen here at home.  The assistant began talking about her children bringing home a Ou..a (sorry, I won't spell it out...hope you know what I mean) Board and that she hadn't heard anything good about them and told them to get rid of it.  When she began talking about the board, my daughter looked at her can of soda and it had started spewing foam at the top!  My daughter said that she asked her assistant to stop talking about the O. Board and when she did, the foaming/spewing stopped.  They both were astonished by what happened since the can had been opened a while and hadn't been shaken. 

How or why these strange things have happened is a mystery.  But they have really happened.  I am still wondering how the makeup was dotted in a perfect row on the floor behind me that I told about in a previous post here.  How about you?  Any mysterious goings on at your house?   As for me, right now I'm hearing Elvis singing "All Shook Up".
Until next time...

27 comments:

  1. no, no, NO i do not want spooky things going on around me! you keep them up there, okay?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my hairs on my neck are standing up on ends. eeekk!! scary. spooky too!!!

    i can not get over how October has flown by. it's wild. i need a breather ... a moment to take it all in. i blink & it's gone. nuts!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Simply fantastic! I love these things, which people we know, have had happen to them.

    There are always lots of old stories, told about happenings in old buildings. But when such happenings are not OLD stories, it is so much more arresting.

    Now, you said you have told other stories, here on your blog. HOW DO I FIND THEM?????? Please, that is. :-) How? How? How?

    Happy Halloween!

    "Auntie"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your haunted house and the stories of what has happened in your home. (I read your previous posts). If those things happened in my house, I would move because I live alone and would be frightened to death. :0)
    Happy Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  5. Auntie, just click on the "here" at the end of the paragraph. For some reason, when I try to change the color it won't let me. That's just one of my b.logger gripes right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the only way i would believe it is if it happened to me, then i would look for the real reason it happened. i love a spooky story like these and have heard many, but i believe they have real reasons. BOO... that is from the only weird happenin here, ME

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had quite a few ghostly things happen. Loved hearing your stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. forgot to say great photo edit. spooky really spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo spooky! I have the chills! Love your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. To Spooky........Halloween Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing strange here either, and that is fine by me.

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have heard stories like this before from people I know and trust but I have never been visited from over there. I'd like to keep it that way. I do love a spooky story and love your spooky house photo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some pretty spooky happenings in this post, Cheryl, thankfully nothing in any way similar has ever happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've got chills! I don't want any strange or spooky things happening around me! I would get freaked out and never be home alone again. :)
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  15. First of all I love your picture Cheryl!! And I don't want any spooky things happening to me, nope. Enjoy this wonderful first Thursday of November Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really enjoyed your spooky stories! Very interesting! Maybe you should write a book:) Maybe we'll run into each other at Arrow Rock sometime. It is my favorite Missouri town. We do lots of traveling all along the Missouri river because we love the old homes and historic towns. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment! You made my day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  17. That house looks like some of the houses I lived in as a child.

    Very creepy stories.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you made your haunted house picture. Very spooky. Speaking of spooky, those are some pretty spooky things that have happened at your daughter's workplace. That would give me the creeps! I guess it's pretty dull around here, but that's fine by me :).

    ReplyDelete
  19. No and I don't want any! That scared me to death girl! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, you guys must be sensitive to be having those things happen. The only thing that has happened to me and still does every once in awhile, is at times I feel something walking across my bed. Like a cat or something, only I can't see what is doing it. Kinda weird!

    ReplyDelete
  21. No strange things happening around our house, thank Goodness! I don't think I'd handle it very well! Your story gives me goosebumps! I hope whatever is doing those things remains friendly and everyone is okay with it.
    Hugs, GraceinAZ (Pat)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Halloween! It's my fave but we dont get any trick or treaters in my corner of Moniteau County. I have lots to get done and not much time left to do it in.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yikes!

    Hope you had an un-eventful, but fun Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow you did a great job on making the house photo look haunted house spooky! I've never had any paranormal experiences and hope I never do in the future! I got chills reading your post..lol

    Thanks so much for checking in on me -- we really were so fortunate to escape Hurricane Sandy with minimal damage!

    ReplyDelete
  25. No strange happenings here at our house. But my friend's house is another story. And it isn't an old house - they built it less than 30 years ago. Even her 2 year old niece sees "the girl" when she visits....

    ReplyDelete