Sunday, January 24, 2010

Driving Miss Crazy

Forgive the little play on words...Driving Miss Daisy was a wonderful movie.  I'm the Miss and the ear noise is driving me crazy...today.  I have tinnitus (lots of ear noises) really bad, and was once told that I have Meniere's (hope that's spelled right) Disease.  Also have positional vertigo and have the dizzy spells when I lay on my left side or bend my head in the wrong direction.  Thankfully, I don't have the dizziness all the time, it flares up from time to time.  Anyone have these problems and how do you deal with it?

Well, driving home from work the other night, I heard on the radio someone talking about Lipo-Flavonoid and how it helps some with tinnitus and the dizziness associated with Meniere's.  You can bet the next day before work, I raced into Walgreen's and grabbed a bottle.  My word the stuff is expensive...almost $30.00 a bottle and you take 3 a day.  Sure hope it works, we'll see.  I am willing to try about anything once, since the ENT docs have said there's not much they can do for the noises except surgery that would render me mostly deaf.

Most days I do a fairly good job of ignoring it and it helps to have music playing or some background noise.  But then there are some days when I really long for the good ole days of utter silence!  My biggest fear is that I'll be mostly deaf in my later years, except for the noises in my ears!  LOL  Wouldn't that be a kick in the rear!

Hope your Monday is a good one.  Until next time ....

1 comment:

  1. I have some tinnitus too. Also comes and goes, in intensity. And I'm losing my hearing.

    Oh wow, another thing to worry about. What could happen later on. -sigh-

    Mmmm, have you been over to 'Gals With Grandmother Faces' blog?

    ReplyDelete