Sunday, January 17, 2010

Did you laugh today?

I love laughing.  Some days it's hard to find something to laugh about.  Like the recent earthquake in Haiti.  There is so much sorrow and devastation that it's hard to feel like laughing when you think of the suffering of the people there.  It's hard to feel like laughing when someone you love is feeling bad whether physically or they're just having a very hard time at work dealing with various issues beyond their control.  But laughter is so important that the bible says that "a merry heart doth good like a medicine."

Do you try to find humor in something every day?  I do, in fact, I can find humor in the mirror when I face it each morning!  LOL  Better than crying, right?  Yep, every day I can find a new wrinkle or age spot or something to complain about if I choose.  I choose to laugh and then be thankful that I can stand on my own two feet in a snug, warm house and look in said mirror.  Then walk on to the fridge for a Pepsi (my coffee) to start the day.  You see, my mother and two brothers didn't get the chance to live as long as I have.  They all died of a degenerative disease that I will probably talk more about at a later date.  But you know, when I'm looking in that mirror in the mornings, I can almost hear them cheering me on...laughing with me about the wrinkles and age spots, my hair winging out everywhere.  Not at me. But because they are glad I'm still here and able to laugh, too. Even though it may be just a brief moment of humor some days. 

I ran across a blog today that posts mostly jokes from what I saw and I read quite a few.  This was one of those days when a little laughter was much needed and looking in the mirror didn't quite do it for me!  What tickles your funny bone?  Is it jokes, every day life, someone else's sense of humor?  How about the antics of a beloved pet?  Our kitten, Stormy, has such a neat personality and has provided many moments of laughter.   Do you have a favorite funny movie that you like to watch again and again just to laugh?  Or a book that really is humorous? 

Here's wishing you a good week ahead filled with many moments of laughter!!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks so much for coming to my blog about GLH & leaving a comment. It's really a small world, isn't it?

    I grew up in Hallsville. Know where that is? Many of our Friday nights or Saturdays were spent in Columbia. I had grandparents in the New Franklin/Boonville area also & we would travel over there about every other week to get groceries for them.

    I loved to read & spent a lot of time at the Boone County library. I can't believe you found my blog after just being there!

    If you go back to my archives, you can find a couple of posts about our trip out your way in September. We spent one morning downtown on Broadway & I took several pictures. I still have relatives that live in the Boone County & Cooper Co area. From my Sept. blog, I connected with a cousin that I've never met & she & I have shared lots of family genealogy information.

    Blogging takes a lot of time & you sometimes wonder if anyone is even reading your posts. I started mine as a way to write down some things that I don't want to get away from my children. I'm the mother of two married children & grandmother of six & lead a very full life.

    I'm tagging your blog so I can check back with you! Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for finding my blog! Feel fre to visit anytime. I write about whatever is on my mind, so you never know what you'll find there.

    The Pom juice is available in most grocery stores now, but always in the refrigerated juice department. You can find it mixed with other juices, apple, grape, blueberry, or plain. I found it also at a whole food store, and by the quart it was much cheaper than the pint bottles that my regualr grocer carries. It is kind of pricey.

    It's actually quite delicious when added to 7 up or something like that, and makes it easier to get used to the taste. It borders on the slightly bitter side, but not as bad as cranberry juice, which is also very good for you if you can't find the POM juice.

    Good Luck!
    ~ Dana

    ReplyDelete