1. My zinnias and sunflowers are still doing well in the garden. I'm still picking tomatoes nearly every day and they just seem to taste so good this year. Even the little grape tomatoes are extra sweet this year and I often grab a handful to eat with my sandwich at lunchtime or to put in a salad. Yum!
2. I was on my way to an appointment this week when all the traffic came to a halt. Then I saw the reason...geese crossing the highway. They looked like they had all the time in the world and weren't a bit concerned by the vehicles or the person walking on the side of the highway. It was one of those sights that just make you smile.
3. Speaking of smiles, it's been a bit harder to find something to smile about this week. The tragic death of Robin Williams shocked the nation. The news from all around the world and even in my own state is very unsettling, to put it mildly. There seems to be so many folks we know fighting battles and even losing those battles. Our neighbor lost his battle with cancer recently.
4. Very often when I'm in a reflective mood or just wanting total peace and quiet, I drive to the lake and just sit and gaze at the beauty of nature all around me. The sunset wasn't spectacular this day, but the calm scene before me gave me that sense of peace that I needed.
5. My little Stormy, who is snuggling up against my hand, always seems to know just when I can use a hug. She somehow always seems to know when I'm not feeling well or am sad and she will be there for hugs. I love that little fur-girl.
Happy Friday to you!