Sunday, December 2, 2012

Another Branson Story



 While we were at SDC in Branson, we saw many pretty Christmas trees loaded with all kinds of beautiful ornaments to decorate a tree.  There was even a life-sized Santa decked out all in white to coordinate with the white trees.  There were trees trimmed all in blue, red, white, light aqua, and even purple.  The "purple tree" made me think of a particular blogger who loves that color!


Purple ornaments, anyone?


While we love SDC, it's not the only place we like to visit while in Branson.  One afternoon, my daughter and I left hubby and my son at the condo watching a football game and we headed down to the Grand Village.    


I'm not a big shopper, but I always like to stop by the Grand Village and I always love to stop in at the Hard Luck Diner while we're there and have lunch or just an ice cream while listening to the singing waiters and waitresses.

 
 Here's Jason Yeager, one of my favorites, who was on American Idol one year.  He is a great singer and the customers just love him.


Here are Jason and Kelly Bryant, another wonderful singer.  There was someone standing between the two, but I took only one shot and her eyes were closed, so I cropped her out.  Jason's holding the CD that the pair had just signed that I bought. 


This was the first year I'd heard Jason and Kelly singing a duet and, wow, are they ever good!  I. Love. Music.  I was very glad that our order took a while in getting to our table as I could just sit and listen for hours.   I just know you are wondering what we ordered to eat....


Old-fashioned ice cream sodas!  Yum, yum!!  Mine, of course, is the chocolate one.  I could go for one of those right now.
Hope you had a great weekend and are getting a good start on
Christmas.  I'm not quite there, but I've started!

Until next time...

22 comments:

  1. Another enjoyable visit with you in Branson. It looks like a wonderful place to visit -especially at Christmas. That Santa all in white was beautiful! I hope you had a great weekend. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. i believe i know a blogger who likes purple. :)

    way to get the sweet tooth going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a lot of fun! And the ice cream sodas look amazing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks so yummy. The lights & Christmas decorations are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did we miss the Grand Village when we were in Branson in September? We're going back in the spring, thank heavens, but how I wish we could go at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds wonderful. I haven't been to Branson this time of year. But now I certainly want to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that white Santa.
    Thanks, now I will definitly include the Hard Luck Diner in my next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty Christmas decorations and that Santa is amazing!
    Oh gosh, those ice cream sodas look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh, beautiful photos!!!!

    And your whole blog is sooooooooooooo beautiful. Your blog look is simply breath-taking!!! Auntie sezzzzzz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. while i drool over the sodas, i am listening to Jason sing moon river on youtube. i googled him, we never miss American idol. he has a wonderful voice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheryl I believe you have truly captured Branson's festive Christmas with your pictures! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhhh...those sodas! Okay, I have no idea who these singers are, but if you say they're great, I'll believe you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun!! I love Branson and just need to go!! My daughter and granddaughter went this weekend and had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh. What beautiful decorations! How much fun for you. LOL... Mels Hard Luck Diner sounds like a great ending to a great day.

    Yeager... that is my maiden name.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Only seen Branson in the summer - can totally see it being amazing at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We were in Branson during the Christmas season one year and it was just beautiful! We haven't been in several years, but I remember how we enjoyed! I wish we had know about that diner.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow... I love every bit of this post because I will be going to Branson in April. Now I'm getting excited.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My niece loves purple! Looks like such a fun diner! Another good reason to head south. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You certainly paint a beautiful picture of Branson with your awesome photos, Cheryl.

    Now I want a whooping Sunday~:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I must take a trip sometime to Branson. I loved the photos. I love diners and the fact they have waiters and waitresses that sing is way fun. I think I would choose the chocolate soda too.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete