Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thursday again?

How can it be that it's already a week past Thanksgiving?  Didn't we just sit down to turkey a couple of days ago?  I'd better get out and do some Christmas shopping!  Have you finished or are you just getting started?


 I saw four deer late in the evening yesterday.  I grabbed my camera and
went out to the patio to get a photo.  This one was a little 
braver than the other three.  You can just see the white tails running
away from me below.  

Did you see in the news recently about the 44 lb. (yes, that big) cat that died at age 10 of congestive heart
failure?  Prince Chunk had appeared on a couple of tv shows.  He looked a lot like our own Princess Chunk 
Stomy who is being put on a diet after reading about PC.  She is getting a bit chunky herself and I just can't imagine 44 lbs leaping upon my chest while I'm sleeping!  Can 44 lb cats even leap?  I
don't want to find out. 

She likes to sleep on her back.  Maybe that is because she's getting such a
big belly? 



Okay, no more dry food plus canned food, or ice cream whenever she can mooch some.  She loves her ice cream...how can you say no to an ice cream lover?  I'll just keep a picture of Prince Chunk in mind.

I'm off to run a few errands, one of which is to pick up some cracked corn for my feathered friends.  I've not seen as many birds this winter as I usually do.  How is the population in your neighborhood?

Until next time...

8 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl!

    Before we know it Christmas will be just a memory! It's hard to believe that time passes so quickly.

    Your Stormy is adorable - I love fat cats - not 44 lbs, but chunky...:0) I have a big fatsy dog who needs to go an a diet also, he weighs over 100 lbs!

    Your pictures are so pretty - I love to see little white tail deer in the pasture - they are so pretty, a pain sometimes, (I'm always afraid I will hit one) but pretty.

    I'm pretty much done with shopping. I still have a few last minute things to pick up - but nothing too serious. I put my tree up yesterday - it looks pretty! It needed a little something, so I crocheted some pretty stars to go on it...much better. I'm sticking to a country theme this year, so they looked cute.

    Have fun shopping!

    Warm hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're full of questions today...

    No, I've not even started with shopping.

    Yes, I've seen the usual number of birds. We don't have a feeder, though, because there are too many outdoor cats in our neighborhood.

    How fun that you can see the deer right on your back lawn and take pictures. We seldom see them that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always lovely to stop by your blog~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got home from work a few minutes ago and sat down with my dinner to look through today's blog updates...and the first sentence I see is "...already a week past Thanksgiving..." I had just said those same words to myself as I perused the fridge for a bite to eat and saw two GladWare containers still hanging out with some too old leftovers. How did it get to be December 2 already?

    I haven't bought much...hoping next week leaves me a little time to shop with my daughter. The tree is up and the railroad is nearly complete, so we are marching forward!

    Loved the deer photos...amazing animals to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheryl,
    Woww.. I can imagine how beautiful your place... that the deer could appear around your place??
    That's really amazing..

    And the fat cat... looks so adorable!!

    hope you and family have a wonderful day along December!
    hugs,
    nensa

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have lots of our normal birds around now.... Cardinals, Tufted Titmice, Nuthatches, Chickadees, Goldfinches, Bluebirds, House Finches, Pileated W-peckers, Downys, and Red-Bellied ---to name a few...

    We also saw deer today --and it seems like they are around more frequently now that it's colder here. Great pictures of your deer.

    That is one HUGE cat.... 44 pounds, huh???? Yipes!!!!

    Love your header...
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Cheryl,
    I can not even imagine how big that cat must have been,I wonder if it could even walk carrying that much weight.
    I have not done any Christmas shopping as we are snowed in.We have not been able to get to any shops at all for nearly a week.There is no let up for another week,so my shopping is going to be done at the last minute unfortunately.
    We have hundreds of birds to feed,the bad weather has brought every bird in the area to our feeders.I love watching them and taking photo's.
    Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cheryl! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Re: the cranberries...I didn't cook them beforehand. I used fresh cranberries and just folded them into the ingredients and it worked great. I think frozen berries have to be thawed. Stay warm on the chilly MO day.

    Nice to meet you.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete