Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Catching Up


Hello!  Anyone still out there?  I don't blame you if you've given up on me.  I didn't mean to be away so long.  Time flies when you're busy having fun, as they say.   

Not every day is fun, of course.  Far from it.  Especially if you see the news.  Too many disturbing things are going on in the US and the world today.  And that's all I'll say about that, at this time.

Also, too many friends are going through various struggles right now.

My little woes are small in comparison and I'm grateful for each day that I get to crawl out of bed, however slowly, and can eat and see and walk and talk.  Simple things that we too often take for granted.  


I've been keeping busy watering the flowers each day trying to keep them thriving in spite of the heat and humidity.  Some small pots of verbena have to be replaced.  They never really looked all that healthy after they were first planted.  


BG and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary last week.  And they said it wouldn't last!  Actually it was his brother who said he'd give us 5 years.  Fooled him!  😁  (look at those sideburns and I had the teased hair going.  lol!)


We had planned to meet our son at the Halfway Diner on Father's Day.  (for new readers, he lives in KC and we live 2 hours away.)  I was puttering around Saturday and BG was napping, which turned out to be a good thing.  I heard the doorbell ring.

I opened the door and our son stood there grinning.  I had talked to him earlier on the phone and he said he was out running errands.  ha!  He brought meat to grill and lots of other goodies to eat so we didn't have to cook on Sunday.  

That night a storm blew through our area and most of the state, too.  BG got called to work at 2 am as there were a number of power outages and didn't get home until noon Sunday.  Thankfully, our power in town stayed on.  

We had a late breakfast and then BG got in a long nap before Brett grilled just before dark.  It was a nice weekend in spite of the weather and work, but there was one little mishap involving a cat and the TV.  I'll tell about that next time. 

Happy Wednesday to you!
xo Cheryl

20 comments:

  1. Cheryl, You count your daily blessings...that is so good. I too am thankful for the things you mentioned. Please tell your husband thank you for his work of getting people's power back on. I am thankful for men like him, who have to be out in bad weather to help us. That was a sweet surprise , you son coming to your house with Father's day dinner. Blessings, to all of you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, sorry, I forgot to tell you how cute I think you and BG look in your photo...so happy your marriage has lasted.:):) xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! GREAT photo of you two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! 👰🏼 I have always loved that photo! Do you tell your brother-in-law that you stayed married all these hears just to prove him wrong? Hahahahaha...

    What a good son you have to travel all that way with the food for a feast and everything. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice of your son! Hot as can be here. Needing a bit of rain to cool it off.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got to spend time with your son. 46 yeas is a wonderful accomplishment. Wishing you many more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As cute as you two were then, I'd have given you at least 46 years. Happy Anniversary. Way to go son, bringing dinner. You raised that boy right. So glad you missed the damaging parts of the storm though many did not. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary to you!! Forty-six years can go by in a jiffy, can't it? We are celebrating our thirty-ninth this summer and I can hardly believe it. LOVE your photo!!

    Kudos to your son who arrived with a celebration. Glad your hubby didn't miss it altogether!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, I hope the poor kitty is O.K.! I am waiting to read about it! The picture of the two of you is adorable!! We have been married only a couple more years than you! You and I are special people who are becoming more and more rare. Your sky picture with the sun rays is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flowers are so pretty. We have had tons of rain here so I haven't had to do much watering lately. And that photo of you and your BG is adorable! Happy Anniversary! It will be 41 years for us in August. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cheryl!

    I know what you mean about catching up, it seems like that's all I do these days!

    Have a great week-end!!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    You are right, there are so many terrible things going on in the world today . . . and yes, enough about that . . . :0|

    I'm so happy that it's the first day of summer, I just wish that it wasn't so hot! My flowers seem to need lots of water, and some of them have given up completely. I still love them, and keep hoping that cooler days will come.

    Happy late anniversary!! Adorable photo of you and BG, you are a cute couple! We just celebrated our 43rd in April, and yes, people said it wouldn't last! We fooled them, didn't we?!

    I love those lazy Sundays with kids, don't they just make you so happy?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now how did that happen?! So sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy late Anniversary Cheryl and BG!! You two were so cute...love the old photos!!! Your plants are gorgeous!!! What a lovely surprise having your son come all the way home!!! Bless your hubbys heart. Getting out to service others that is wonderful! I have a grandson in-law that does that also!! Always love your posts!! Sounded like a wonderful weekend!

    Blessings
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the photo of you and BG! Happy, Happy belated Anniversary. 46 years deserves a standing ovation! Now, that was just the best kind of surprise at your door! A son AND food! LOL! Brett definitely gets gold stars for that one! Have a great week, Cheryl. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pictures are beautiful!! And a very HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary, love the photo. I am so happy you fooled the fool. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Belated Happy Anniversary wishes to you both and what a nice surprise to have your son visit and grill at home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your son sounds like a sweet person Cheryl. I love nice surprises! The photo of you with the teased hair is adorable! What a beauty you were, and still are,

    I saw your comment on another blog and it touched me, so I thought I'd stop by and say 'hi'. :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved reading about your catch up moments. The photos of your flowers are lovely. Happy 46th Wedding Anniversary. We just celebrated our 50th. You are getting close. May I say that I think the photo of the two of you look like Doris Day and Elvis Presley; just sayin!
    That was such an awesome thing that your sweet son did for Father's day. Sorry, your poor hubby had to work through some of it.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Anniversary! How sweet that your son surprised you and showed up at your door!

    ReplyDelete