Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Sad, Glad and Mad


First, the sad part.  
It is with much sadness that I share the news 
that one of my favorite bloggers, Vee,
of A Haven for Vee lost her beloved husband, John, 
who was called home to be with the Lord on May 28. 
Please join me in praying for Vee and her family.


We were happy that most of our Memorial Day weekend
was sunny and nice.  Hot and humid, but at least
 the rains previously called for held off most of the time.

We've had lots of rain since I last posted.  The soil at
the cemeteries was soft and made poking flowers in the 
ground much easier.  It is tradition in our area to decorate
the graves of our loved ones as well as those who died in the
service of our country. 


Our daughter, Kim, celebrated a birthday recently.  Among other
things, she received 2 beautiful bouquets of flowers.  I know 
that I took photos of them, but I couldn't find one while I
prepared this post.  We met her and our son for dinner one
evening near KC to celebrate the happy occasion.  We had lots 
of laughs remembering some of the funny moments we've shared.

Brett and I still laugh and laugh when we recall
the time we saw a carload of women driving down the
walkway one night at the Landing in Branson.  It was 
a hilarious sight.  We don't know how they got there, 
it is not meant for cars!  They must have mistaken the 
wide brick walkway for a street!


Remember seeing this cat's photo?  When it showed up at
 our house in February, I thought it was a male.  Well.....
Surprise!!
She went away for awhile, but came back bearing gifts.  
Er...kittens.  Five of them.
We're not real happy about this new development, but I
have to admit...they make you smile when you watch them
playing.  So cute!


It's the little things that so often make me smile.  See the
double yolked egg?  That is the third one out of the same 
carton of eggs.  I rarely ever see one!


This is an old photo from 2 weeks ago so it's hard to tell, but
my flowers are really taking off after the weather has
warmed up.  I'm happy that I found the colorful rooster 
this spring to add to that corner, he makes me smile, too.  


Now I'm sure y'all have been waiting impatiently to find
out what has ruffled my feathers.  Ha.   
Well, I'm mad at myself.  Me. Myself. And I.

Yes, I'm so aggravated that I've fallen into the ole
procrastination trap and I've been running here and there
ignoring all the little and not so little jobs that I had once
planned to have done by now.

Even though blogging has slowed down for me, it
 obviously wasn't to work on those jobs, so I'm going to
take an extended blog break.  I don't know how
long I'll be away and even though I won't take time to
comment much, I'll try to visit from time to time to catch
up on everyone.  

Wish me luck in getting some much needed work done.  
The spirit is willing, but the aging body
is wanting to do nothing more than sit in a comfy chair
with the laptop!  It's easy to do when you have an old 
ankle injury and a newly bum knee.  But, I need to read 
this article often and get moving as much as I can.

Take care and enjoy your day!
  
Love,
Cheryl

23 comments:

  1. love the rooster, and i fully understand the need to get off the computer and do other things...take your time and we will be waiting when you return.. that ruffled bird is adorable and 3 double yolks in a dozen is a real YOLK... ha ha.. sorry to hear about your friends husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a nice Memorial Weekend... Sounds like your daughter had a great birthday... Glad you and family could all get together to celebrate...

    Wish we would get some of that rain. We are EXTREMELY dry here in our area... We get a bit and a pinch of rain --but the most of it just goes around us... We'll be watering our yard soon IF we don't get rain.

    I understand about blogging --and about not getting things done... I don't blog nearly as much as I used to and yet, I still don't seem to have time to do what I want to do... Gads....

    Enjoy your break. Keep in touch.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where are you my Friend? I have started trying to blog more and visit more --and checked to see how you are doing... No posts in awhile.... Are you okay???? Miss you.
      Hugs,
      Betsy

      Delete
  3. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I hope you are as productive and you hope! :)
    C-ya later tater!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear of the passing of your friend's loved one.That is such a hard time to live through.I hope you get you things done in record time and get back to blogging soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear of Vee's husband passing. How very sad. I want to wish you good luck and many smiles while you care for the unexpected little family. Have a nice break. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get everything done that you want. Maybe some extra coffee? That usually works for me. I love the colorful rooster and he makes me smile! A double yolk is really special; I hardly ever get them! The yellow flowers are awesome! Are they some kind of sunflower? So have you taken the mama and babies in? What a pretty fluffed-up woodpecker, maybe a baby? Or else it is cold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on getting all of your stuff done. Your photos are so pretty. Look forward to you being back.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a charter member of Procrastinators of America, so I "get" the need for a blogging break. Hope you get a lot done in this concentrated time.

    I, too, am sad for Vee. I don't think we are ever ready to say good-bye to someone we love. I continue to pray for His grace for her...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Cheryl, prayers for Vee and her family, so sad...... Hope you get the things done you want too, can't believe it's June already.... Love the ruffled feathers of the Woodpecker, cute shot, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i am so very sorry about your friend's husband...sending prayers up...i love your colorful rooster...take care cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kitties often come bearing gifts. SURPRISE, indeed. The little bird was sweet ruffling his feathers. LOVE your rooster. Enjoy the blogging break. see you when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saying prayers for your blog friend. A passel of kittens makes my day. Hope you enjoy them and can find homes for all of them. Funny how often supposedly male cats give birth:)) Know those blogging breaks can be necessary. Hope you don't get totally out of the habit. We will be here when you come back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved reading and seeing all thephotos in this post especially as its going to be the lsat for some time. Have a good break and get caught up on all you wish to get acccompllish. I'm so sorry to hear of Vee's husband passing. How very sad for Vee but great to know he is now ahppy to sit in the presende of our LORD.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cheryl~

    I was so sad to hear about Vee's sweet husband. She will need all the prayers she can get. I truly believe with all of my heart that there is great power in prayer!

    Those cute little kittens would just steal my heart! I know that it's hard to have more sweet furr babies, I hope you can find a good home for them. But, until then, snuggle with them for me too , , , :0)

    I loved the article that you linked! I totally believe everything in it! I don't want to be the old lady slumped over in a chair in a nursing home, I want to be the one doing the splits!! Boy, do I ever have some work to do!

    I understand your dilemma of procrastination - I am the great procrastinator! I have good intentions, but I can always find something else to do. Please don't stay away too long . . . I will miss you!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy your break Cheryl. I hope it is a productive time for you. I'll be breaking in late June and most of July with company here. And I really should break now and get all that needed cleaning done before they come! Haha. Take care. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you have a nice break...we all need one from blogging I think just to regroup and get new inspiration. I did hear about John and was deeply saddened for Vee. Many prayers sent for her. I hope you are enjoying sunshine- we have had about three days of it and I am so happy. But rain is headed back for Sunday. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will miss you while you take your break. With our mission I ceratainly have slowed down in my blogging.
    I loved this post. I will pray for Vee and her family. Right now is when grieving becomes more intent.
    Your photos were lovely. I loved the flowers. Happy Birthday to your daughter. I really like the new kittens. I will look forward to more photos of them. I had a cat in my youth that would takeoff for long periods of times and then come home and hve her batch of kittens.
    I don't think I have ever had a double egg yolk; very interesting.
    Wishing for you to get some of your projects done so you can be back on the laptop. Sending loving thoughts your way! Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just stopping by to say hello, wishing you a very blessed and Happy July 4th,

    ReplyDelete
  19. My tardiness in reading this post and commenting will show how far behind others can fall as well, Cheryl. We all need to take a break and tend to things far more important, even if less fun, than blogging. Hope all gets done and remember to take time to rest and relax as well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My heart goes out to your friend... The kittens are so cute ♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. *Bump*

    Say, Dear One, it was bad enough losing John without losing you, too. Hope that on one of these scorching days of summer...it has been HOT...you will find nothing better to do than to pop back in for a bit to let us know how you are doing and what you have been up to. You have been missed!

    ReplyDelete