Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Catching Up


My life is so exciting...or not.  Ha!  Let's see.  Since I was here last, I've gotten two doctor's visits crossed off the list.  Another day was spent back to the Big Town to get primer for the painting we'll be starting on this afternoon.  The carpenter has finished the sheetrock and we'll paint before he installs the vanity, toilet and flooring.   

Both my appointments turned out well.  The appointment Monday was at the eye clinic.  They are keeping watch on a spot found at the back of my eye a few years ago.  They think I must have had an injury to that eye, but I haven't.  While I was happy there are no changes and my eyes were declared healthy, it was highly annoying to have to wait 3 hours to see the doctor.  If they hadn't already dilated my eyes in the beginning, I would have walked out.  

 
Since I spent so much time at the eye clinic Monday, not to mention not seeing the best with dilated eyes, I took my grumpy self straight home after the appointment was over.  That meant a return trip to the Big Town yesterday for the paint primer that I thought we had already bought.  Turns out that we had already used it for something else.  The somewhat cooler day and beautiful skies made the drive very enjoyable.  I had to pull over once for a quick shot.


I couldn't help but notice one of those clouds looked like a face, so I zoomed in for a closer look.  See the circle just to the left in the big cloud?  That's the eye.  The nose is to the left of the eye, there is a mouth and a sort of pointy chin, and I even see eyebrows.  Do you see it?  

Speaking of sky watching, I haven't ventured out to look yet, but my daughter saw some nice meteor showers last night.  Tonight is supposed to be the best night for the annual Perseids meter shower.  You can read more about the Perseids here.

Hope your week is going well and if you have a good tip to make painting go fast, let me know! 

Happy Wednesday to you!
xo Cheryl

24 comments:

  1. I saw that crabby old man face in the clouds before you described it. he looks mean to me. great shot.... doctors offices make me crazy.. i have often thought about getting up and walking out the door.
    last week i had the eye doc, the mammo squeeze and the annual viist and lab visit for blood work PLUS Baby got the ear infection for a trip to the vet.. all in 3 days. but everything is good for another year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turn on some good music!! ;) I hate the doctor visits! Argggghhhh! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep forgetting about the showers...thank you so much for reminding me...I think last night was some weird cloud cover, but hopefully it will be clear tonight.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep forgetting about the showers...thank you so much for reminding me...I think last night was some weird cloud cover, but hopefully it will be clear tonight.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. yup, i saw the face. the eye doc would have made me angry, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news on your doc visits . . .
    Three hour wait . . . disgusting!
    Love the cloud face!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 hours is ridiculous! I'd find another place to go next time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did see the face in your cloud picture. I am going out tonight to check on the meteor shower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate the way we have to wait and wait at the dr's offices sometimes...I don't blame you for going straight home.

    We have been having beautiful, beautiful clouds. And I have been being so tired, I don't feel like getting out every evening to go some place where I can photograph them to advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your clouds photos. And yes, I see the face!! I think it's do interesting!! I know what you mean about waiting in doctors offices!! Uggg...

    Blessings
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought that face in the clouds looks very grumpy. Perhaps it was speaking to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning, waiting three hours to see a doctor is just awful. Why do they bother to make appointments, they do not keep them. I see the face and had to laugh over the decription of the grumpy old man. Pretty sky and clouds. I am glad you had good results from your doc visits. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha! That cloud does look like a crabby old man! Sorry you had to wait so long at the doctor's office!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad all is well with your eyes... we were at the eye doctor's for our yearly visits Tuesday. Yes, I see the face! Loving the cooler, less soupy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful sky pictures. I have always enjoyed finding shapes in the clouds with my daughters...

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad all your appointments held good results. Three hours is ridiculous but you were kind of trapped. Thanks for the reminder about the Perseid shower. That is always an amazing show.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I see the face too. So glad you got a good report on your eye. I've had doctor's appointments the past 2 days, just annual checkups. Glad to have them over with. Blessings my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to know that your eyes have a clean bill of health. I do that face in the clouds...great shots...I just love clouds :) Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kinda looks like a shark to me with it's mouth open. I saw 6 meteors before I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Three hours what was the delay? I would have asked to see another Dr...I am glad you are okay and you can cross it off your list. I hate having my eyes dilated too...I just want to go home and close my eyes and nap. Pretty skies..yes I see a face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. yes, I see the face! So sorry you had such a long wait at the eye dr. Isn't that ridiculous!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I see the face too! :)
    Busy days at your house. And the only tip I have for making painting go faster is to have a bigger painting crew. When all four of us work together, I am amazed at how much faster it goes...and it's more fun too! (Not always possible to get free labor, but when you can, it's good!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am happy that your eyes are OK. I hate waiting in physician offices.; three hours is way too long.
    I will look forward to your continued progress on your home project.
    I can see the face in the clouds. Yesterday, we saw a couple of interesting cloud formations. One looked like a bear sitting on the cloud. I have always loved cloud watching.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Cheryl~

    I'm with you, I don't like waiting for doctors! I sometimes wonder what they would think if we billed them for the time we waited to see them . . . they would hate it!

    I love clouds too - and yes, I could see the face! I love those big fluffy white clouds, they just make me smile when I see them!

    My husband and I sat outside looking up at the sky for two hours the other night. We did see about 8 meteors shoot across the sky, some were really quick and short, others had long tails and were really bright!

    Sounds like you are working hard on your project, can't wait to see it when it's done!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete