Friday, February 13, 2015

Random 5 ~ Happy Valentine's Day!


Have you ever received flowers from a secret admirer?  These pretty tulips were delivered yesterday to my daughter at her work place.  She doesn't know who they were from.  There wasn't a card with them.  No, I didn't send them!

Both my children have someone special to exchange valentines with this year.  Our daughter has recently gotten back with a former boyfriend and our son has a new lady that we will be getting to meet soon.  I'm happy when my children are happy!  

BG and I met in a grocery store parking lot one night over 40 years ago and we've been together ever since.  One night we went to the movies.  I don't remember if we were married yet, but Love Story was playing and I wanted to see it since I loved a good romance.  The movie was good but the ending wasn't what I had hoped for and I left the movie with tears flowing.  I did remember one line from the movie that I thought was a good one at the time.  The line was "love means never having to say you're sorry."  I remember thinking "oh, goody!"  I learned differently over the years.  I firmly believe that saying you're sorry when you've hurt someone, especially a loved one, even inadvertently, is so very important in maintaining a good relationship.  And being able to forgive is equally important, too.


There was cookie baking going on in my kitchen last night.  Cookies were made for the kids at my daughter's school and a few for us, too.  We had to put the kitties downstairs and shut the door because they would have been in the middle of everything.  You can't turn your back on them a minute when you have food around.  


My all time favorite love song is Unchained Melody.  It's a little harder to choose a favorite romantic movie because there are too many I like.  The Notebook is one.  Do you have favorites?  Do tell!

Linking to Willie Nilly Friday 5

Hugs and love to each of you as we celebrate Valentine's Day this weekend!  

Happy Friday to you!
xo Cheryl       

29 comments:

  1. "I'm happy when my children are happy" LOVE that. :) Happy Valentine's have a nice weekend. hug B

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been very busy making heart shaped cookie. The kids will love them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Valentine's Day cookies, Cheryl. I'm with you... love does mean saying your sorry sometimes... and forgiving... and learning to be humble... Unchained Melody is tops on my list, too!! Happy Valentine's! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the story of how you and your husband met! and i'm laughing at you thinking "oh goodie" haha...the cookies look yummy, that's a lot of work! how fun for your daughter to get anonymous tulips! i love the notebook too, also bridges of madison county is a favorite of mine, and so many others! i'm sappy! by the way, i fixed your link. i noticed when i look at other links, they don't have the http:// part, and for some reason yours puts it on there, even when i did it so i manually took that off and it worked...wonder why?!! anyways, you are good to go and thank you for linking and have a happy valentine weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many wonderful and meaningful things about marriage, and life in general, here, Cheryl. Your cookies are very pretty, and I'm sure will be enjoyed by all.

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true about being happy when our children are happy.
    I'm intrigued by those secret admirer flowers. Very pretty.
    Your kitchen looks like a happy place to be.
    Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a beautiful valentine and if i were around and you were baking cookies you would have to watch me to.. MOL... now i wonder who sent the flowers.. if she finds out let us know please...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun seeing the table with the heart shaped cookies! Enjoy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the array of cookies!! so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a perfect valentine's Post. yeppers, you wouldn't have been able to trust me while you were baking, either . . . thank you for the happy stories . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheryl,
    Love those cookies. :):) This year a fellow blogger lost her husband of many years. Near the end ,she asked him if he knew her. He said he didn't know her but that he knew he loved her....I cried for a long time after reading that. Their love was that strong. We all want to be loved. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Valentine card and sign are so special. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't had a secret admirer since elementary school; how exciting!! I agree...when your kids are happy, Mom is happy too!
    The notebook is a favorite of mine too; I'm a sucker for all things Nicholas Sparks!!!
    Love the cookie counters.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The cookies look delicious...I don't think I have a favorite song....at least not that anyone would consider a love song. Movies--I would have to think on that one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like you have a great Valentines day lined up. Wallow in the warmth.
    Ghost was my favorite romantic movie and it featured Unchained Melody.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE unchained melody!!! You all did a lot of work on the cookies! I loved hearing YOUR love story! To me, meeting in a parking lot is romantic! You are totally right. Love means ALWAYS having to say you are sorry. We can never take each other for granted!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Valentines to you and yours! Your Valentine cookies looks yummy. I loved your thoughts on family and your dear husband. It's fun to learn more about you.
    Blessings and Valentines wished for you!
    I love so many different romances movies. I loved the old one "Gone With The Wind". "Sound of Music", Sleepless in Seattle. Sabrina, and An Affair To Remember.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Big Happy Valentines to your and your hubby. Girl...I am a big cry baby when it comes to the "Notebook." I watched it last month and boo hooed!! It's good to have a tender heart. Romance is in the air this weekend and I hope you enjoy the sweetness of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You met in the parking lot? That was some meeting! Yes, it is wonderful when our children are happy. Enjoy the cookies...wish that I had made some today, but I never got around to it. Have a Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cookies look delicious! Doesn't it make a Mother's heart beat a little faster when her children are truly happy? That's what we all wish for as Mothers.

    Happy Valentine's Day.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yummy, great heart cookies. Happy Heart Day, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Valentines day to you and BG. I have to many favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Valentine's Day, Cheryl. Love the looks of those cookies, and I so agree that when your children are happy, you are happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those cookies look great! I must have been the only one with dry eyes at the movie theater during Love Story, even my husband cried. Good advice about saying you are sorry and forgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like the stories . . .
    40 years ago in a parking lot you say . . . Fun think back on how we met our love .
    Pretty cookies,any left to share?
    Happy Valentines Day Cheryl . . .
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  26. I knew we were sistas, Cheryl Unchained melody is my favorite song too, and Love Story and Notebook are favs. too! I agree with you about saying we are sorry, love how you met your dh, I met mine in a hallway of our high school! Thanks for you thoughts and prayers my Mother got great news Friday, no cancer found, To God be the Glory.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  27. the cookies look delicious! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete