1. We have another feral kitten that we are trying to tame. Not to live with us, but to find her a home. Isn't she cute? She is probably the hardest one to get close to that we've had yet. She's a tough little girl having survived living out in the cold weather we've had this year.
2. I can't believe what a man at an animal shelter told me recently. I had called about the kittens I wanted to bring in if we didn't find homes for them. He questioned me about the kittens and I told him about the neighborhood mama that brought us the kittens after they were born. He suggested that we not feed them and maybe the little family would go elsewhere. Really?? Not feed hungry kitties that are trying to survive in this very cold and often snowy weather? I just can't do it. What do you think? Is he right?
3. Speaking of cold and snowy weather, it's gone. At least for now. We've had some really warm days this week with temps reaching 60 one day. That means all the snow finally melted. A thunderstorm even came through Wednesday night and we had pretty high winds yesterday and last night.
4. One of my favorite antique/flea markets is closing soon. Some booths had some really good sales. I bought an old jar that was made into a lamp. The shade needs replacing or recovered. Why do I keep adding to my to-do list?
5. I have not watched any of the Olympic games this year. I used to love to watch figure skating, but with the scoring the way it is now, I just can't get excited about it. It seems very unfair to have athletes falling on the ice and still winning medals ahead of those who stay on their feet. My favorite skater of all time is Michelle Kwan and falling during her skate kept her from winning the gold in 2002. Gosh, has it really been that long ago? Now it doesn't seem to matter if they fall or not.
Happy Friday to you and thanks for stopping by and thanks to Nancy at A Rural Journal for hosting Random 5 Friday!
Until next time...