Friday, September 22, 2017

Happy Fall!

 "Autumn...the year's last, loveliest smile."
~William Cullen Bryant


Hello Friends!  How are you?  I'm back from my blog break and have a lot of catching up to do. 

It's now officially Fall.  Do you love autumn as much as I do?  It's my favorite time of year.

I love the changing colors in the trees, but it's too early to tell if the color will be very vibrant this year.  

My flowers are still doing pretty well.  I've lost a few but overall they are still looking good.  We're having temps back in the low 90's again so it's too hot, I think, to set out pumpkins on the front porch.  

I haven't yet brought my tote of fall decor up from the basement.  Maybe I'll get BG to do that for me this weekend.  I'm ready to see a bit of fall in the house but I will be keeping it simple this year.

I'm still thinking about painting so I don't need extra stuff to move.  Now if my olden body could just have as much energy as my thinker.  :)  I'd like for it to cool down so I can open the windows if before I paint.  
  
  
"If you look at the world, you'll be distressed.  If you
look within, you'll be depressed.  If you look at God
you'll be at rest." 
~Corrie ten Boom 
 
So much has been happening in our country and around the world.  Much of it is heartbreaking and much is frightening.  But I've also read some heartwarming stories of rescues and neighbors and strangers reaching out to each other with help. 

And this is where I have to mention one reason why I love reading blogs.  Despite all the sorrows and tragedies in the world, there is a community where you can read that life does go on.  Homes are still being tended to, friends and families are loved, meals are being prepared, people are still kind, friendly and will pray for each other when there is a need.


I love crape myrtle trees.  We saw some beautiful ones in different colors on our vacation this month.  I'll tell you where we went next time.  This post is long enough and I want to start visiting, but first I have to finish the vacuuming.   See you soon.

Happy Friday to you!
xo Cheryl

16 comments:

  1. Welcome back. I have just come back to blogging after taking a year off and with a new blog. If you like crape myrtlse, you will love my yard. I have them all over it. I bought about 10 to put along our fence in front and back. I love fall too and have been decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, Sorry I have missed some of your previous post ..I have been kind of crazy busy myself. Today is hotter than any summer day we had this year...and here it is fall. I loved all your pictures. I just put two pumpkins out...hope they last thru Oct. anyway. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl!

    Welcome back! It was so good to see your blog on the top of my blog list this morning! I put the same quote on my blog today. . .funny!

    I agree, there have been horrible and sad things happening in the world, but despite all the tragedy, there is hope. I love the, Corrie ten Boom quote, she was so wise. It sure does give us opportunity to reach out and serve.

    Your flowers are gorgeous, I have never seen a, crape myrtle tree, it's beautiful! Does it smell and good as it looks? I can't believe that your temps are still in the 90's, you poor thing, you need to come to, Idaho... ;0) We have not even hit 60 degrees this week, and I must say it has been wonderful.

    I just told my husband 10 minutes ago, that I needed him to help me bring up my tote of autumn decorations . . . we are thinking on the same page this afternoon!

    So good to have you back! Enjoy your week-end sweet friend!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back. We are having a bit of a break from our early fall weather as it has soared back into the upper 80's here this week. My fall decor will definitely be kept to a minimum this year. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. 🍁🤗🍁 Happy to find you back! Boy, did Corrie ever have that right...

    I want to paint outside steps...much too warm yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, I missed you! Your fall header is wonderful! I think that is a little Cucumber Beetle on your pretty crepe myrtle. I love the color. Your sky is gorgeous! It is really hot here, too. I do think pumpkins may melt! But they are outside everywhere...pumpkin stands, pick your own, and in front of Kroger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, my friend! I so agree with what you said...along with the terrible things that have been going on, yes, life DOES go on. We can do what we can do and leave the rest to God...nothing is a surprise to Him! Your pumpkins look so lovely and like you, my fall decor is still out in the garage...hopefully tomorrow I will get it out. It has been in the mid 80s all week and will be next week too. I am ready for cool temps and some good ol' chili! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I am so happy you are back. I have missed reading your blog posts. I love fall too. I am hopefully going to get my autumn decorations too.
    We are finally starting to cool down a bit. Yesterday, I had to wear a coat. Today just a light sweater. I keep hoping that we can be in the 70's for a while; but I doubt it.
    We are completing our mission this next week so I am anxious to get in and work on our home. We need to deep clean and perhaps do some painting soon.
    Your photos are lovely and I liked the quotes alot.
    Sending love and hugs your way

    ReplyDelete
  9. welcome back. missed you. i love autumn too. hope the temps drop soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. forget that vacuum and blog on. LOL.... I LOVE that first photo. it is just beautiful... and the critters on the crepe myrtle are amazing. I love crepe myrtles also... you are so right, there is much good out there, we are seeing it on TV inspite of the news focus on bad stuff. people helping people.... our winter is like your autumn and that is my favorite time of the year also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to see you back. I hadn't thought about it but you are so right. Blogs let us see the normal parts of the world and let us forget the scary for a bit. I'd almost pay to read them. Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so agree, that in the blog world there is still a lot of good news and lots of joy.I love your pictures this post.Have a great rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning, I, too, am returning from blog break. Oh, your photos are so pretty. We are still hot here in GA and I hesitate to buy pumpkins and gourds yet. This is my favorite season. Our flowers have brought us lots of butterflies/hummers this year but things are slowing down now. Wishing you a very nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Autumn is my favorite too!! (It seems there are lots of us.) Oh, and I hear ya about the body not keeping pace with the brain. Ditto!

    Love the quote from Corrie ten Boom. There is much truth in it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello,
    My boys favorite season is Autumn. It is beautiful here in Wisconsin during the Autumn season. I love the first photo.
    I also like the Corrie ten Boom quote. I read her book aloud to my boys.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete