Thursday, December 8, 2016

Some Good News...


Are you ready for Christmas?  Tree up?  This year, I'm about as far behind as I've ever been in regard to the trees and decorating.  It's been quite a week or so and it will be busy for the rest of this week and through the weekend. 
  
Thanks to all for your well wishes concerning my vertigo flareup.  It lasted longer than I wanted, but it's now subsided for the most part.  I was still able to drive and do a few things at the other house.  I was even able to paint most of one bedroom the other day, except for around the ceiling which BG finished for me. 

Yesterday, I had my last appointment this year with the chiropractor.  It seems weird to say that.  Isn't it unreal that this year is about over?  Or is it just me?  Anyway, the visits have helped but he told me that I need to drink more water and that some of my problems are due to arthritis.  He really is an advocate for healthy eating and drinking mostly just water.  That is a hard one for me as my water intake is usually flavored with tea and I like my cola too much.  He thinks I may be getting dehydrated thus causing some of the pain.
Another thing on the agenda yesterday was meeting the delivery men at the other house.  They delivered the sofa that daughter Kim had decided on for her new home.  I love it and it goes really well with the paint color she chose for her walls.  She may want to move it under the larger window.  

Good News!!  I am super-excited to be able to announce that the work in the attic is now finished.  BG is even more excited as he's the one crawling around up there on the rafters trying to find the old wire and run the new.  There is still some wiring to do downstairs, but it will be run up to the breaker box and the walls have been torn out down there, so it should be a piece of cake compared to what he's had to do so far.

And more good news!  Our daughter is planning to move into her new digs this weekend.  We have a few odds and ends to finish up there, but enough is done that she can move most of her stuff.  At least the essentials.  So, from this day forth, The Project will be called Kim's house.  It will soon cease to be an ongoing project, although is any house ever really done?  My house needs some work when we get around to it.  We still haven't redone our basement and eventually we'll get Kim's basement finished, too.

We've had many late nights working at Kim's house, as BG would work a few hours after he came home from his job and Kim would do likewise.  Often, I would meet them there after fixing a meal that could keep until they were ready to eat it.  Last night I put a roast with potatoes and carrots in the oven, and served a tossed salad and rolls with it.  My easy-to-fix roast is one that a friend gave me when I was first married and didn't know beans about cooking.  It's never failed me.  All I do is put a chuck or arm roast in the middle of a big sheet of aluminum foil which I place in a 9x13 pan.  Then I place peeled potatoes and carrots around it and salt and pepper all.  I add a wee bit of water, seal the aluminum foil and bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for around 3 hours.  Yum!
 
For now, a post once a week is all I'm going to try to do.  I do apologize for not being able to visit and comment as I'd like.  I have missed reading what everyone is up to and hope to be by to catch up soon! 

Happy Thursday to you!
xo Cheryl 

13 comments:

  1. this recipe is what we had for Sunday lunch every sunday after church for most of my life when living at home with my parents. mother got up early and set the stove to come on and cook this while we were at church, it was ready when we got home at 12:30 or 1. so glad the house will become Kim's House this week end, hope she has a tree ready to go up. love the sofa and it looks comfy to me, sleepable comfy. I know about the arthritis thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. that couch is great! I like the color, style and the texture looks nice. so happy for you all!
    this is my kind of recipe. :)
    I've had vertigo and it's awful...never lasted more than 24 hours..thank goodness.
    happy days,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't eat red meat, but I may make this for the family on Christmas day!!! Because it is easy. Can you tell me about how much water? Do the potatoes overcook? The couch is very nice, and dirt will not show up on it!! I have to drink lots of water. One trick is to buy those little bottles or packets of flavorings to add to your water. I try to drink a pint before I even have breakfast, that is the best way to re hydrate from the night of sleeping. What an amazing Christmas present for Kim!!!! Love your beautiful kitty in his jingle bell hat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news all around and I am happy for you.That pot roast looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is wonderful that your daughter can move in before the holidays. Just think, you are almost finished--except like you said, home ownership is a never ending chore.
    I just ate and that roast made me hungry again. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that your daughter is getting to move in now. I love her new couch. I am happy your husband had finished the antic.
    Thank you for the aluminum foil dinner; I must try it. So happy you are feeling better with the vertigo.
    Blessings and hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kim must be very excited about moving in. It's been a long haul for you all, but will be so worth it. Love the new sofa...classic. Yay for subsiding vertigo...I hate it when it descends on me. Usually whenever I spend too much time looking down at my laptop. Must think more ergonomically. Drink your water now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are used to not drink much water myself until I realised hi important water wars for every cell in the body to work properly. We all have to take responsibility for our health and what we put into our bodies to achieve good and that is entirelyup to ourselves. For me it was an easy choice in the end as I want it to be healthy and pain-free and to do so I took myself to drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day. You also can do it but only if you want to

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cheryl!

    So glad to hear you are on the mend. Nothing worse than vertigo...:0(

    I'm so glad you are winding down on the project, you must be very happy. I love your daughters new couch, very nice. It will go with just about any color scheme.

    I love quick fix meals, and really, can you ever go wrong with meat and potatoes!?

    My upstairs tree is up. Nitvas many decorations as in the past, and that makes me happy!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cheryl!

    So glad to hear you are on the mend. Nothing worse than vertigo...:0(

    I'm so glad you are winding down on the project, you must be very happy. I love your daughters new couch, very nice. It will go with just about any color scheme.

    I love quick fix meals, and really, can you ever go wrong with meat and potatoes!?

    My upstairs tree is up. Nitvas many decorations as in the past, and that makes me happy!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad your vertigo is better or gone. Mine is the forever kind but with good days and bad.

    I love the new sofa. The color is similar to what we chose.

    I do the same type of roast but use the slow cooker/crock pot. Nothing better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi There, Congrats on 'almost' getting that big project finished. I know your daughter will love it.... Love her new sofa.... How close is she to getting married? I know she is dating regularly now. Right???

    We are ready for Christmas ALMOST.... Have a big family dinner this coming Saturday with my side of the family. Then---on Sunday, we're driving to Nashville to take G's daughter and hubby out to dinner... I wanted to get his side of the family up here --but just couldn't get it worked out.

    I published a blog post today--so check it out when you have time.

    Hugs and Merry Christmas,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cheryl I'm glad your virtigo is almost under control, that has to be miserable!!! Congrats on Kim's house. I hope she got moved in his last weekend. Your roast looked yummy!!! Don't feel bad you're blogging more than I am,, I hope to do better soon.

    Stay warm.
    Gert

    ReplyDelete