Monday, November 23, 2015

What's Been Happening and Happy Thanksgiving!


The kitties and I were quite surprised to see a skiff of snow on the ground when we got up on Saturday morning.  I don't know if it was the weather or what, but they were into everything over the weekend.

They probably knew BG and I were trying to get a lot done with the bathroom remodel and decided to test our patience!

 
Sorry for the poor quality of the photo, but I wanted to show you what Stormy has been doing the last few days.  She just doesn't want to leave the plant alone that is on the entertainment center.  She thinks that if she walks behind the TV she is hiding and we won't see her.  lol!   


I spent the better part of 2 hours one day repotting some 8 or 9 houseplants and I had a lot of help with that job from my furry crew.  It was a job that I've been putting off, but now it's done and all the tops of the cabinets and refrigerator are also clean where I keep them away from busy little paws.  Except for the couple on the entertainment center that I have to watch for telltale signs of chewing.  

I do know that pothos is toxic, but not deadly, to cats and it doesn't seem to bother Stormy.  I  purchased a container of grass for them to chew on at the pet store, but they ignored it.  

  
Friday saw me heading back to the home center again, but first a little detour was made to the Amish country for some pies and other goodies for Thanksgiving.  I was so focused on thinking about what I needed/wanted that I didn't think to take any photos until I was leaving.  The day was cloudy and dreary as you can see in this quick snap through my dirty windshield.

 
I'd rather have been napping over the weekend, but BG and I worked on the bathroom getting the trim back in place, hanging the closet doors, putting the cabinet back in place in the divider, hanging the mirror, and semi-installing the vanity.  We still have the vanity to finish and new closet doorknobs to install and the trim around the new window needs finishing and installed.  I think that's about it!  

Meanwhile, Kim and J were still working on the walls at The Project.  They have the spare bedroom painted and now the rest of the rooms are about ready to paint.  After our bathroom is finished, we'll be helping with the painting when we can.  BG also needs to finish some electrical stuff.

I'd love to be going to Branson for Thanksgiving this year, but we decided we'd better spend every day BG has off at The Project if daughter is to get moved in before Christmas.

  
Are you cooking this Thanksgiving?  We were invited to go out to eat with J's parents.  They live near us and are a fun couple to be around, but we decided to stay at home.  Our son will be coming in and it will just be the few of us.  Kim and J will come by later in the day for an evening meal.

I most likely won't be posting for awhile.  Maybe not for a few weeks.  Life is just too busy for me to keep up with blogging right now.  I will pop in and read when I can, though.  And I still have several blog friends on my prayer list.  I won't forget you!

I wish all of my friends here in the US the most wonderful Thanksgiving ever.  I have much to be grateful for and I've put a list of a few things in my sidebar.  There is too much to list them all!  One thing I am grateful for is for my blogging friends.  You are the best and I'm thankful for each one of you.  Take care and have a wonderful holiday!

xo Cheryl 

19 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl it is a busy time of the year so I hope all your jobs get done and you have a lovely Thanksgiving. Love the shots with the 2 horses adn all yoy kitties. I wil be going away soon to Malawi for a month althoguh tomorrow I have to go to the Isle of Wight to see my granad daughter in a dance show so I will not be replying much either although i have scheduled posts in while I am away (mostly).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed seeing your cats and of course, they don't want the cat grass to chew on! lol
    Wishing you and yours a blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. silly (helpful) kitties. have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving, I think you need a rest after all your projects are done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like you will be busy all the way through to the new year, enjoy your family time and i hope the project is competed for the big move in.. love all the pics, the precious kitties and love the horses and the driver... monther in law tongues, the plant behind the pothos are toxic for pets also.. watch for drooling, vomiting or diarrhea... for both plants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you have been a busy girl...and the holidays are here as well! Take all the time you need. Cheryl. Wishing you and yours a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Cheryl! Fun seeing the kitties and horses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delightfu catch-up post! Love the kitties. And Amish pies - such a treat! Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cats can add a lot of excitement to the household! Stormy is very sly and cute! Sounds as if everything will be coming together more or less at once.

    As my PC kicked the bucket today, I won't be posting either. Just visiting with the iPad. Hmmm...last time I lost a computer, I was out for months. Hope it won't be quite that long this time.

    You have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a great Christmas season, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like you are still really busy but getting lots done....and that feels good! We will be at home and cook a nice meal for ourselves. Happy Thanksgiving my friend. Blessings to you and your family. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving to you. Hope you have a wonderful time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been a busy girl and still more busy-ness coming up it sounds like. Enjoy your Thanksgiving. Sometimes small and sweet is best of all. Enjoy your time off- I am taking a few days, too. Come back when you can- I will miss you! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving wishes to you and your family.

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those kitties.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones.
    Have a nice time off. We will be waiting for your upcoming posts in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A first (almost) . . . we are invited to my daughters/son In laws for Thanksgiving . . .
    It feels different but I like it . . . I feel treated and the day isn't even here.
    Happy Thanksgiving . . ..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Thanksgiving, Cheryl. It sounds like a busy time at your house. Good thing you have those furry little helpers :).
    Good luck on getting the project done. How nice it will be if your daughter is in by Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh you dear girl; you are so busy. I do hope that you get all these projects completed so you can have a relaxing December. Oh, I don't know anyone that actually relaxes in December. Hope you have a really sweet calm Thanksgiving day. Sending love and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how the kitty thinks it is hiding from you! Too cute. Have a great vacation from blogging and a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Cheryl~

    Just checking in - it's been a while since I've been home, and I had to see what you were up to! I love the color in the bathroom. and it sounds like you are super busy with your new job.... ;0)

    I love your cats!

    Your pictures are beautiful, and I'm so glad you had a relaxing Thanksgiving, sometimes those are the best kind. December always gets crazy, and it's sneaking up on us way too soon!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete