We will be eating apples soon from our new little orchard! We have both peach and apples on 7 trees. This first tree is a very slim dwarf tree but is just loaded with apples, as you can see.
Our son came home Friday evening for the weekend. We had a little family conference and set some goals that we want to accomplish. I do believe we are among the biggest procrastinators around. We made it into a little contest to make it interesting and to spur us on to accomplish said goals. One major job on our end is to be done by the end of August. I'll talk more about it later, but I can say that it involves sheetrock and paint.
I may have mentioned this before, but I love to make lists. Here are a few things that I love:
1. A beautiful weekend with all my family.
2. A happy, loving kitty...Stormy had developed some matted fur on her back and it has been very hard to get her to hold still long enough to get it cut off. I told BG that I probably would be making an appointment with the vet to get the job done. I think she understands most things I say! Between the both of us, we managed to get the offending fur cut away just recently. She is very happy and feels so much better now!
3. Animals...there is a very wonderful story that made me cry about a rescued 50 year old elephant in the news. Here is the link if you haven't seen the story.
4. Fresh veggies from the garden...I gathered more cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and zucchini from the garden yesterday. What is your favorite garden vegetable?
5. A good pasta salad...I made a pasta salad with cheese-filled tortellini and added some of the cukes and cherry tomatoes from the garden. I also added some red onion and poured a bit of Paul Newman's Olive Oil and Vinegar salad dressing over it, with an extra shake or two of olive oil, and tossed and served. Yum! I try to change up my salads as we eat them fairly often in the summer. What is your favorite pasta salad?
After enjoying a week of wonderful weather and cooler temps, it is getting HOT again. Hope you are enjoying your summer wherever you are!
Note: I'm still having a problem with some of my comments not showing up, as I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. Anyone else still having this problem, too?
Happy Monday to you!