My thoughts are going in so many different directions that I think posting a Random 5 today will be a piece of cake. Be sure to stop in at Nancy's A Rural Journal to see more randomness.
1. Speaking of a piece of cake, I would actually rather eat pie. I love pumpkin pie, but the only time I usually make one is at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Will you be baking a pie for Thanksgiving? What is your favorite? We are kind of partial to pecan pie at my house.
2. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Seriously. Even Callie covered her eyes when I told her she had some new step-brothers or sisters. Yes, the neighborhood cat has once again brought us 5 new kittens. They are several weeks old and feral, so it will take be fun in this colder weather to try to get them tamed so they can be caught and we can find homes for them. They sure are cute, but no, I'm NOT going to keep any of them. I hope they survive living in our very cold garden shed. The baby-making mama is going to have to go in for a bit of surgery soon even though we hate to have to pay for it.
3. I need to get the rest of my feeders up for the birds. It's getting colder now. I have the block of seed that the woodpeckers like so well, it's just a matter of finding the feeder to put it in. I love my feathered friends and hope to see lots of them at the feeders this season.
4. I'll be seeing these pretty lights next week. Can you guess where it is? Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while now will know we're heading back to Branson for Thanksgiving. We've been going there for several years now. This photo was taken at Silver Dollar City, a theme park in Branson that is so beautifully decorated during the Christmas festival with over 5 million lights. It is an awesome sight and if you love Christmas as much as I do, you will be sure to love this place!
5. I need a new pair of shoes and I hate to go shopping for clothes or shoes. Maybe I'm not your typical female, but I don't really enjoy shopping unless it is to browse in flea markets or antique shops. With my bad ankle, I usually opt for comfortable shoes that will give a little lift to my heel, I can't wear a heel that's very high as my ankle doesn't bend much. Do you have a favorite brand of shoe for comfort? I'm not thinking about the Nike or Sketchers type.
Now, as Porky Pig would say....."That's all folks"! Have a Happy Friday and weekend.
Until next time...