Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Tuesday's This and That

~sunset photo courtesy of my daughter~

Sunrise, sunset...

Swiftly flow the days.

And the years.

I love that beautiful old song.  

This morning I woke up at 5 am and lay awake thinking about this and that and before I knew it the clock showed it was 7 am.  How could that be?  Surely only 30 minutes had passed!  No, I didn't fall back asleep, my thoughts were going in too many directions to sleep.  

There wasn't anything earthshaking keeping me awake, just the pondering of the many things I want to do and my upcoming birthday reminding me that I better get a move on if I'm to get even half of those things done while I still have a smidgen of energy.

As I've mentioned before, I'm wanting to get rid of those things that I don't use or love any longer.  It's a slow process for me as I get sidetracked so easily.  Just let me uncover a book or a magazine that looks interesting and I can easily lose track of the time.


One of my ponderings has me thinking about putting that stuff I don't want in a booth at a flea market.  I love browsing at flea markets and we certainly have enough things to fill a booth.  I'm also thinking this could develop into a hobby for BG and I after his retirement.  

We have a few pieces of wood furniture and wall shelves that need painting.  I love furniture painted white and haven't a clue what kind of paint to buy.  I've been researching online and have gotten a few ideas and if any of you in blogland has a favorite paint for furniture, I'd love for you to send me an email and let me know what you use.

This little 6 year old will be 72 years old this week.   She got a haircut last week which hopefully looks better than the hairdo of 66 years ago.  lol!  This must have been after one of those ghastly perms that my mother used to give me.  Usually, my hair turned out too curly.  Remember those tight little rollers and the solution was poured over them and then the suspense while waiting until they were unrolled to see what it looked like?  My hair has always been very fine and didn't take perms well.  I haven't had one since I was a youngster.  

Now it's time to go on a little day trip.  This little old girl is going to celebrate all week long!  I'll see you when I get back.

 
Happy Tuesday to you!
Cheryl    

(comments suspended)

No comments: